Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
now, he remains limited to chipping and putting. "Its not going not be up to me wheth
Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork. Marquette King Jersey .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. The reigning U.S. and French Open champion and world No. 1 Nadal took the first set from Bernard Tomic, 6-4, before the Aussie decided to retire to a chorus of boos, citing a groin injury, on a hot Day 2 at Melbourne Park. The 21-year-old Tomic was a runner-up in Sydney last week. Nadal captured his lone Aussie Open title in 2009 and was the runner-up here in 2012. He missed last years edition due to injuries. Up next for the 13-time major champion will be 17-year-old Aussie Thanasi Kokkinakis. Meanwhile, the fourth-seeded and three-time Aussie Open runner-up Murray made short work of Japans Go Soeda, routing him 6-1, 6-1, 6-3, while a sixth- seeded Federer dominated Aussie James Duckworth 6-4, 6-4, 6-2 in 1 hour, 46 minutes at Rod Laver Arena. Murray, who lost to Novak Djokovic in last years Melbourne finale, will face Frenchman Vincent Millot on Thursday. The Swiss legend Federer, who owns a mens-record 17 major titles and is appearing in a record 57th straight Grand Slam event, is looking to win for a fifth time in Melbourne and for the first time since 2010. He was also a runner-up here to Nadal back in 2009. Asked how he handled the heat on Day 2, the 32-year-old Federer said: "Im here. Im speaking. Actually, its not crazy. Im feeling OK right now. "It was very dry, just hot, stinging sort of sun. Depending on where you come from it has a bigger effect on you, this type of heat. So its very personal, and it can become just a very mental thing -- you just cant accept that its hot." The former world No. 1 Federer, who has reached the semifinals or better in Melbourne every year since 2004, will meet Slovenian Blaz Kavcic in his next outing. Last weeks Sydney champion, fifth-seeded Juan Martin del Potro, was a 6-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 winner over American Rhyne Williams. Up next for the former U.S. Open champ will be Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut. Former Aussie Open runner-up Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, seeded 10th this year, cruised past Italian Filippo Volandri 7-5, 6-3, 6-3, while 11th-seeded Canadian Milos Raonic downed Spaniard Daniel Gimeno-Traver 7-6 (7-2), 6-1, 4-6, 6-2. Winning the Auckland title last week may have taken too much out of 13th- seeded John Isner. The highest-seeded American lost the first two sets to Slovak Martin Klizan, 6-2, 7-6 (8-6), before retiring because of a foot injury on Tuesday. Isner did not appear in last years Aussie Open due to a bone bruise in his right knee. Fans sat through temperatures that reached well over 100 degrees and watched local favorite Lleyton Hewitt fall to 24th-seeded Andreas Seppi, who saved a match point before winning 7-6 (7-4), 6-3, 5-7, 5-7, 7-5 in a grueling 4-hour, 18-minute affair. The former No. 1 Hewitt was making his 18th straight appearance in the event, where he finished as a runner-up back in 2005. Sixteenth seed Kei Nishikori of Japan outlasted Aussie Marinko Matosevic 6-3, 5-7, 6-2, 4-6, 6-2 in 3 hours, 41 minutes. In other action involving seeds, No. 18 Gilles Simon outlasted German Daniel Brands 6-7 (4-7), 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 16-14; No. 22 Grigor Dimitrov grounded American Bradley Klahn 6-7 (7-9), 6-4, 6-4, 6-3; No. 25 Gael Monfils dismissed American Ryan Harrison 6-4, 6-4, 6-4; No. 26 Feliciano Lopez topped Indian Somdev Devvarman 6-4, 6-4, 7-6 (7-2); No. 27 Benoit Paire doused Canadian Frank Dancevic 7-6 (14-12), 6-3, 6-4; and No. 31 Fernando Verdasco overcame Chinese Ze Zhang 5-7, 6-3, 6-2, 6-3. Several other men reached the second round including Brazilian Thomaz Bellucci, Croat Marin Cilic, Aussie Nick Kyrgios, Romanian Victor Hanescu, last weeks Auckland runner-up Yen-Hsun Lu of Chinese Taipei, and Americans Donald Young and Jack Sock. Young defeated Dutchman Robin Haase 6-7 (4-7), 7-6 (7-2), 6-2, 1-0, retired, while Sock subdued German Tobias Kamke 7-6 (7-5), 5-7, 6-2, 6-4. The second round will get underway Wednesday, as the second-seeded former world No. 1 Djokovic will take on Argentine Leonardo Mayer. The formidable Djokovic is seeking a fourth straight and fifth Aussie Open title in seven years. In other Wednesday action involving top-10 seeds, No. 3 David Ferrer will meet Frances Adrian Mannarino, No. 7 Tomas Berdych will battle Frenchman Kenny De Schepper, No. 8 Stanislas Wawrinka will be opposed by Colombian Alejandro Falla, and No. 9 Richard Gasquet will take on one-time world No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko. Courtland Sutton Broncos Jersey .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. Isaac Yiadom Jersey ." The game can be seen live on TSN starting with Monday Night Countdown at 6:30 p.m et/3:30 p.m. pt. The Patriots, who had a bye in Week 10, will look to continue the offensive success they had a week earlier when New England scored 55 points and racked up 610 yards of total offense in a 55-31 drubbing of the Pittsburgh Steelers. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Bronco...bb-Jersey/ .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. BETHESDA, Md. -- Tiger Woods still doesnt know when hell return. For a while, he didnt know whether he would return at all. Woods said Monday his back injury became so debilitating this year it caused him to doubt his ability to play golf again. "Forget about playing golf at the highest level. I couldnt get out of bed," Woods said. "I was certainly doubtful at that point. Whats it going to feel like? Am I going to be pain free? Am I going to be able to actually do this again, where I can to get out of bed, and go out there and play with my kids and play golf? All those things were up in the air." Woods said the doubt was erased after microdiscectomy surgery March 31. He said the procedure, which relieved pain from a pinched nerve, provided immediate relief, although he said theres still "no timetable" for his return to golf -- or even for taking a full swing. As of now, he remains limited to chipping and putting. "Its not going not be up to me whether I play or not, its going to be up to my docs," Woods said. "Obviously, I want to play now." Speaking at Congressional Country Club in his role as host of next months Quicken Loans National, Woods even joked that he wished he could join reporters on the course for their media day rounds -- "even though I dont like to play with you guys.&quoot; But he offered no hint that he might be anything more than an onlooker for the Quicken Loans tournament on June 26-29 -- or at the U. Isaac Yiadom Broncos Jersey. S. Open at Pinehurst two weeks earlier. Hes already missed the Masters for the first time. To hear Woods, known for unyielding resolve, give voice to doubts is certainly unusual. But this injury is different from those he has endured before. He said rehab has been tedious and its a challenge simply not to join in when his children want to play sports. "Ill tell you what," he said, "I am damn good at video games." When Woods does return, hell resume his pursuit of Jack Nicklaus record of 18 major victories. Woods, 38, sounded as if the surgery has given him a new lease to keep playing for a good while. "I would like to, as all athletes, go out on my own terms," Woods said. "And ultimately I want to continue playing at an elite level as long as I deem I want to do it. For some guys its in their 60s and 70s, and other guys its in their 40s and 50s. "But prior to the surgery, I didnt think I would have much of a playing career if I felt like this. ... Now that Ive had the procedure, Im excited about what the prospects hold, and if Im able to feel this way, Im excited about my career. Im able to do what I want to do for as long as I want to." Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jersey Cheap Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey Wholesale AC Milan Jerseys Cheap Arsenal Jerseys Cheap A.S. Roma Jerseys Cheap Atleseys Cheap Sevilla Jerseys Cheap Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys ' ' '